Now that Thanksgiving is almost here, I went searching for something different to serve my family for desert that would be a hit. Banana Splits have always been one of my favorite desserts. There’s just something about the explosion of different flavors in every bite that no other desert offers, but I didn’t want the hassle of melting icecream to deal with so when I found this recipe for a 5 Layer Banana Split Cake at Recipe Chatter, I nearly fainted LOL
This was IT! The search was over and I cannot wait to see the expression on my family’s faces when I whip out this bad boy after a nice thanksgiving dinner! The original recipe is called Banana Split Lasagna, because of how this cake is layered I suppose. Whatever it’s name, this is going to be the best dessert I have ever served and I cannot wait until Thanksgiving!
5 Layer Banana Split Cake Recipe:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons + 3 1/2 cups cold milk, divided
- 16 ounces Cool Whip topping, divided
- 1 (23-ounce) container of frozen sliced strawberries, thawed and drained well
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes of banana cream pudding instant pudding
- Chocolate syrup
- Maraschino cherries (optional, but encouraged!)
- Nuts (optional)
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Stir the mixture until it’s evenly moist. Then, dump the crumbs into your baking dish and press them into an even layer. Then, place the baking dish into your refrigerator until you’ve prepared your next layer.
- In another medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, 2 T of milk, and vanilla with a hand mixer on a medium speed. Mix together until fluffy and light. Then, using a rubber spatula, completely mix in 8 ounces of the Cool Whip. Once the mixture is completely combined, remove your baking dish from your refrigerator and evenly spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Pour your drained strawberries and pineapple on top of the cream cheese mixture and spread it evenly. It doesn’t matter which fruit you put in first.
- Mix the two boxes of banana cream instant pudding with 3 1/2 cups of cold milk. Whisk for a few minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Then, use a rubber spatula to spread the pudding over the fruit layer. Let the dessert sit for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up a bit more.
- Spread the remaining 8 ounces of Cool Whip over the top of the dessert as evenly as possible. Drizzle (or pour, your choice) the chocolate syrup on top of the Cool Whip layer. Allow the dessert to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving or overnight.
See the original recipe source and additional notes for this recipe here: Recipe Chatter.
If you decide to make this recipe, tell us how it turned out and please share any tips you may have for making it even better.
Use the comment section below to share. We’d love to hear about your experience.
Follow us on Facebook for even more delicious food and recipe ideas: Recipe Guide
To See More Delicious Desserts, Please visit our DESSERT RECIPES