It isn’t a holiday meal without an apple pie right? Save yourself the trouble of cutting slices and trying to serve them without making a mess and put a spin on the usual apple pies. Give these Apple Pie Lava Cupcakes a try! These are great for children and adults alike.
They look like normal cupcakes until you take a bite of them and discover the delicious cinnamon apple filling. They take less time to make than a traditional apple pie and are much easier to serve. These cupcakes only require a few ingredients and are sure to be a hit at any family dinner!
Apple Pie Lava Cupcakes Recipe:
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix
- Ingredients required on the box for cupcakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (22 oz) apple pie filling or 1 recipeHomemade Apple Pie Filling
- whipped cream or ice cream for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line cupcake pan with liners.
- Make cupcake batter according to box directions. Stir in cinnamon.
- Chop apple pie filling into bite sized pieces.
- Add 3 tablespoons of cake batter to each cupcake liner. Place 1 slightly heaped tablespoon of pie filling on top of the batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream
Check out the original source for this recipe with all the directions, photos and helpful tips at: Spend With Pennies
If you decide to make this recipe, tell us how it turned out and please share any tips you may have for making it even better.
Use the comment section below to share. We’d love to hear about your experience.
Follow us on Facebook for even more delicious food and recipe ideas: Recipe Guide
To See More Delicious Desserts, Please visit our DESSERT RECIPES