Everything’s better with a side of bacon, but you won’t need a side of bacon with this recipe from ‘Around My Family Table’ because it’s Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast! This chicken is wrapped in layers of bacon and is overflowing with flavors of garlic and sage.
This recipe uses garlic olive oil, but you can make your own by crushing up a few cloves of garlic in a pan of olive oil. I thought it was going to be difficult to keep the bacon on the chicken, but everything stayed perfectly in place while cooking!
My family LOVES all things bacon, so they were more than impressed with this gorgeous and satisfying chicken dinner. I could not believe how yummy this was! I don’t usually cook with sage, but it absolutely makes the meal. The flavoring is so unique and delicious, there is really no comparison. I am so glad my sister shared this recipe with me with much appreciation to the original recipe owner, it’s definitely a keeper.
I make this dinner at least a few times a month because it is super easy to do and is a dinner I look forward to making all day! If you love bacon and delicious chicken, than this amazing and creative Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast recipe is a dish that you will completely fall in love with!
Incredible Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1 package chicken breasts
- 6-8 fresh sage leaves
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 1-2 tbls garlic olive oil (can use fresh minced garlic )
- salt & pepper
- Butterfly chicken breasts by slicing each breast in half. Place the breast flat on the cutting board and with the knife parallel to the cutting board, slice the breast in half, widthwise, separating both halves.
- Season breasts lightly with salt and pepper on both sides and add a sage leaf or two to the top of each breast. Wrap a slice of bacon around each breast, making sure that the ends of the bacon are on the underneath side of the chicken.
- In a large pan, add garlic olive oil and allow to heat up for a minute over medium high heat. Carefully place chicken (sage side up) in the pan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes and then carefully flip chicken with long thongs and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes on second side. Once chicken is fully cooked stand chicken up on each of it’s sides to finish crisping up the bacon.
- *Note: No Garlic Olive Oil? Add a couple cloves of peeled and smashed garlic to the olive oil while it’s heating up. Remove garlic before adding the chicken.
My Thanks go to Around My Family Table for this delicious recipe and featured image.