Sesame chicken is a favorite among many, and this mouth-watering recipe for Baked Honey Sesame Chicken from ‘Home Cooking Adventure’ will quickly become your favorite! It is a delicious, quick and easy recipe that you and your family will enjoy, the flavor is amazing.
The toasted sesame seeds compliment the chicken to complete this delicious dish. This dish will be ready for the table in less than an hour. I hope you will give this recipe a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Below The Recipe You Will Find A VIDEO TUTORIAL To See This Being Made!
Baked Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe
Makes 3-4 servings
4 boneless, chicken breast halves (about 500g)
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
canola oil for drizzling
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock or water
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp chili paste or chili jam
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the breadcrumbs into a flat bowl and set aside.
2. Cut the chicken breasts in 1 inch pieces and season with salt and pepper. Coat each piece in breadcrumbs and place into the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with a little oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
3. Prepare the sauce: In a sauce pan over medium heat add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, chili jam and stir for a few seconds. Add the water (chicken stock), soy sauce, honey, vinegar and brown sugar. Stir until it comes to a boil.
4. Whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water and once the mixture is boiling add the cornstarch mixture, stirring until it thickens. Keep it on very low heat until the chicken is cooked.
5. Pour the sauce over chicken and top with sesame seeds. Serve immediately alongside rice.
Watch the Video Tutorial on PAGE 2 to see this delicious recipe being made: