Everyone’s heard of a blooming onion, but a Bloomin’ Potato? As crazy as it sounds, these are AMAZING. The potato is easily picked apart. The cheese and seasonings layer between the cuts of potato making every pull-apart piece delicious.
I made these for my kids as a bit of a unique treat for dinner, and they practically beg me to make them every night! These also make a great midday snack, appetizer, or side dish.
The bacon bits just add to the already great flavor of the dish, but these can be left out to make this a vegetarian dish. I suggest using cheddar for this recipe, as cheddar holds a good flavor, but I encourage you to try this recipe with one or more of your favorite cheeses.
Cheesy Bacon Bloomin’ Potato Recipe:
- 2 potatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sea salt (or other coarse salt)
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the top off of the potatoes.
- Use a small, thin, flexible knife to cut rings around the inside of the potato.
- Flip the potato over and make cuts all the way around the potato, leaving a small space at the top uncut.
- Carefully flip the potato back over. If you need to make of the of the cuts deeper, do that now.
- Brush the whole potato with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place the potatoes on foil and bake at 425 degrees. After 30 minutes of baking, brush the tops with additional olive oil and sprinkle with more sea salt. Return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Top potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return them to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes to melt and toast the cheese.
- Remove them from the oven, carefully transfer them to serving plates and sprinkle with crispy bacon bits.
Check out the original source for this Bloomin Potato Recipe with all the directions, photos and helpful tips at: The Gunny Sack
My Thanks go to Tonia for this delicious recipe and featured image.
If you decide to make this recipe, tell us how it turned out and please share any tips you may have for making it even better.
Use the comment section below to share. We’d love to hear about your experience.
Follow us on Facebook for even more delicious food and recipe ideas: Recipe Guide
To See More Delicious Side Dishes, Please visit our SIDE DISH RECIPES