This Broccoli Chicken Parmesan with Linguine is a GREAT pasta dish! In addition the pasta and yummy tomato sauce being amazing, the chicken comes out perfect. I think the broccoli also gives this dish a bit of a satisfying crunch and really makes the entire meal. This dinner is filling and looks pretty and appetizing.
The tomato sauce doesn’t overpower the entire dish like what happens in a lot of chicken parmesan recipes. The cheese on top of the chicken brings out as much flavor as the sauce does. Mushrooms and onions are optional in this, but I personally love using them both. They both add an extra level of delicious to this wonderful recipe.
On the next page, you will be able to watch a video showing this recipe being made.
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (8 oz.) Hunt’s Basil, Garlic & Oregano Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 lb. linguine, uncooked 1 pkg. (16 oz.)
- frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup KRAFT 5 Cheese Italian Blend Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
Prepare onion. Chop onion into small pieces. Mince garlic cloves. Prepare dipping station with 2 bowl, add milk to the first and grated topping to the second.
Dip chicken in milk then in grated topping, turning to evenly coat both sides of each breast.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 3 min. Add chicken; cook 3 min. on each side. Add tomato sauce and pepper (mushrooms if you choose to use them); cover. Simmer 15 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF)
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding broccoli to boiling water for the last 2 min.
Sprinkle shredded cheese over chicken; cook 2 to 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted. Top with fresh herbs and grated cheese.
Drain pasta mixture. Serve with chicken.