This Cranberry Galette Recipe is insanely delicious because it is a freeform tart that takes the tangy greatness of fresh cranberries and balances them out with sugar and crunchy nuts. I prefer pecans over walnuts in this recipe, but either work well!
The crust has a great buttery flavor and holds the galette together nicely. I seriously can’t get over how awesome this dessert looks and tastes! My mouth is watering just talking about it! I have already planned on making one for our Valentine’s day Party. I already know I’ll be making this again real soon!
On the next page you can watch the video demonstration of this delicious recipe being made.
Cook Temp: 400 Degrees F Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup (80 grams) walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups (220 grams) fresh or frozen cranberries, washed
- 1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup (70 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) candied mixed peel (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups (175 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 3 – 4 tablespoons ice cold water