This Grilled Kale Pumpkin Seed Salad looks gourmet and tastes absolutely divine. The leaves to the salad are kale and chard and are topped with grilled squash, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, and seasonings.
This salad is beautiful. The colors bring an essence of fall to the dish and it’s packed with flavor. The texture is perfect. The pumpkin seeds add a great crunch to the dish and are balanced out with the tender squash.
Salads are healthy but they tend to get quite bland and boring. For all you health conscious people out there, try this great healthy recipe and change up your typical routine! This is a great meal or appetizer for everyone in the family. Your kids may not love salad, but they’re likely to at least give this colorful, leafy bowl of goodness a try!
Cook Temp: 350 Degrees F – Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds, clean and dry
- 7 tbs olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium hubbard squash, or other winter squash
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, cleaned and dried
- 1 bunch chard, cleaned and dried
- ½ lemon
- 6 oz. funky soft cheese, such as camembert or reblochon, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Toss the pumpkin seeds with 2 tbs of the olive oil, the smoked paprika, and sea salt and pepper, thoroughly coating all the seeds with the mixture. Spread the seeds out on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until toasted and crunchy, about 30 minutes. Stir the seeds halfway through to keep them from burning. Remove the toasted seeds from the oven, let cool, and store until ready to use.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds (use them for roasting if desired, or discard). Slice the squash halves into slices that are no more than ½ inch thick. Brush the squash slices front and back with 2 tbs of the olive oil, then sprinkle with the chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper. Let sit for 15 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium, then place the squash slices on the grill. Grill without disturbing for 5 minutes, then flip and grill on the other side for 5 minutes. Squash should be charred in spots and tender all the way through. Remove and set aside.
- Remove the kale and chard leaves from the tough center ribs, then tear the leaves into small pieces. Place in a large bowl. Toss with the remaining 3 tbs of olive oil and the juice from the lemon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide the greens between 6 plates, and top each plate with a few slices of squash, a few slices of cheese, and a handful of roasted pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
Check out the original source for this recipe with all the directions, photos and helpful tips at: Lecrema
My Thanks go to Katie Morris for this delicious recipe and featured image.
Follow us on Facebook for even more delicious food and recipe ideas: Recipe Guide
To See More Delicious Healthy Dishes, Please visit our HEALTHY RECIPES