Is it too early to make Christmas cookies? I thought this too until I remembered we have just a few more days until December! These Chocolate Snowflake Cookies are good enough to serve at Thanksgiving as well! Some people call these snowball cookies but I know them as chocolate snowflake cookies because they look like chocolate cookies with snowflakes on top.
These cookies are light, fluffy, and coated in a yummy layer of powdered sugar. The cookie itself isn’t overly sweet which makes it a perfectly balanced cookie with the powdered sugar coating. I love these so much I tend to keep a plate of them around on Christmas mornings.
Needless to say, they don’t stick around too long! My husband will eat at least 3 or 4 of these in one sitting! These are sure to be a hit no matter what time of year or occasion you make them for, but the holiday season is the perfect excuse for an excess amount of cookies and other sweets! Why not start with these easy to make Chocolate Snowflake Cookies.
Cook Temp: 350 Degrees F – Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in microwave.
- Stir well to combine and then cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl beat the sugar and eggs for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter/chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients mixing until smooth.
- Put about 1 c. powdered sugar in a container with low sides.
- Using a small scoop, drop cookie dough into the powdered sugar.
- Roll each scoop around until covered well.
- Place on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Check out the original source for this recipe with all the directions, photos and helpful tips at: On Sutton Place
My Thanks go to Ann Drake for this delicious recipe and image.
If you decide to make this recipe, please share any tips you may have for making it even better. Use the comment section below to share. We’d love to hear about your experience.
Follow us on Facebook for even more delicious food and recipe ideas: Recipe Guide
To See More Delicious Desserts, Please visit our DESSERT RECIPES