This Singapore Chili Crab Claws Recipe is superb! Crab is my absolute FAVORITE meat! I had never had it prepared like this prior to seeing the recipe. I knew instantly I had to try it. The chili definitely gives a bit of spice to this delectable seafood.
I’m not much of a ketchup fan, but the ketchup actually tastes great in the sauce! The flavor is cooked all the way in to the middle of the crab and makes for a divine meal. The cilantro garnishing not only looks pretty, it also gives this dish a clean taste.
I think the eggs in this recipe are a great addition because they give the sauce a great consistency. This has become one of my favorite ways to prepare crab! This delicacy from Singapore is sure to be a hit at your dinner table!
Cook Temp: Medium High Heat Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 lb. crab of your choice
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 dried chili / 2 bird’s eye chilies
- 3 tablespoons chili paste / sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons thin soy sauce
- ¼ cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- Break the crab up into sections and smash the claws a little to help it absorb flavor
- Blend the onion, ginger, garlic, chili/siracha sauce and shrimp paste into a fine paste
- Sauté the paste over medium high heat in a wok, stir-frying until it cooks down
- Add ketchup, soy sauce, water and sugar and stir to combine
- Add crab and stir to coat evenly then let it sit and cook covered, for about 15 minutes over medium heat
- Once the crab is red and cooked, uncover and break the eggs, stirring to combine with the rest of the sauce to thicken it and add more substance
- Cook for another 5 minutes over medium high heat until the sauce thickens
- Dish the crab, garnish with cilantro and serve hot
Check out the original source for this recipe with all the directions, photos and helpful tips at: The Cooking Jar
My Thanks go to Farah at The Cooking Jar for this delicious recipe and featured image.
If you decide to make this recipe, tell us how it turned out and please share any tips you may have for making it even better. Use the comment section below to share. We’d love to hear about your experience.
Follow us on Facebook for even more delicious food and recipe ideas: Recipe Guide
To See More Delicious Dinner Dishes, Please visit our DINNER RECIPES