This Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken Recipe tastes even better than the kind you get at Chinese food restaurants and it’s great because it’s something you can make at home with just a few minutes of your time. After the minimal prep work, the Crockpot does most of the remaining work.
We don’t always have a lot of time for cooking between kids and work and keeping up with the house. That’s why I love crock pot recipes because I can set them and forget them and before I know it, dinner is served.
This is best served with rice or potatoes but feel free to experiment! This recipe makes great dinners and would be a yummy addition to any potluck or gathering. Bourbon Chicken is a flavorful dish I find to be loved by most everyone.
Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken Recipe
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in slow cooker, pour sauce over top. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or on high 3 hours.
- Remove chicken and chop into bite sized pieces. Strain liquid and place over medium high heat in a small pot. Combine 3 tablespoons water with 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Whisk into boiling sauce along with 1 clove minced garlic. Stir until thickened.
- Pour over chicken pieces in the slow cooker and stir. Serve over rice.
Check out the original source for this recipe with all the directions, photos and helpful tips at: Spend With Pennies
If you decide to make this recipe, tell us how it turned out and please share any tips you may have for making it even better.
Use the comment section below to share. We’d love to hear about your experience.
Follow us on Facebook for even more delicious food and recipe ideas: Delicious Food Guide
To See More Delicious Crock Pot Dishes, Please visit our Crock Pot Recipes