This candy-making recipe is cooked in a Crockpot! I had never made candy in a Crockpot prior to the recipe but I’m certainly glad I did. This chocolate peanut treat is perfect for almost every event, holiday, gathering, etc. I like to make a batch of them and keep them in my fridge, (although they disappear pretty quickly in my house!)
This Slow Cooker Candy Recipe is great for chocolate cravings, mid-day snacks, and desserts. This mouthwatering recipe is simple and a definite favorite in my house! I’m sure these would be great with other nuts aside from peanuts as well. Almonds and hazelnuts may be good alternatives to peanuts in these candies.
Slow Cooker Candy Recipe
- 34.5 ounces honey roasted dry roasted peanuts (I used planters)
- 32 ounces almond bark (vanilla flavored)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces German chocolate bar (by Baker’s)
- optional garnish: sprinkles or crushed candy canes
- Layer ingredients into crock pot (I used a 5 quart), cover.
- Cook for 1 hour on low temperature. Do not stir.
- After 1 hour stir mixture and continue to cook, stirring every 15-20 minutes for another hour (a total of 2 hours).
- Meanwhile line counter top or table with a long piece of parchment paper.
- Turn off crock pot. Use a 1 tablespoon scooper to scoop out candy from crock pot and onto parchment paper. Make sure candy is not touching. Top with favorite garnish.
- Allow to cool completely.
Check out the original source for this awesome recipe with all the directions, photos and helpful tips at: The Slow Roasted Italian
If you decide to make this recipe, tell us how it turned out and please share any tips you may have for making it even better.
Use the comment section below to share. We’d love to hear about your experience.
Follow us on Facebook for even more delicious food and recipe ideas: Recipe Guide
To See More Delicious Desserts, Please visit our DESSERT RECIPES