Two of my favorite desserts are snickerdoodles and apple cobbler! YUM! What could be better than Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler made together in one recipe? I’ve made this and can’t begin to tell you how amazing it was! This has to be one of the best combinations ever! I found this video showing how to make it and wanted to to share it with you.
This Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler Recipe is super easy to make and is so delicious! This would be a great dessert to serve at a holiday event or family gathering. It is sure to be a hit! The flavors go perfectly together!
Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler Recipe:
½ cup softened butter
½ cup shortening (I used butter flavored Crisco)
1½ cups sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
2¾ cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
cinnamon-sugar mixture (1/2 cup sugar + 2 TBSP cinnamon)
2 20-oz cans apple pie filling
caramel sauce, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 glass pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, shortening, 1½ cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- Take about ⅔ of the snickerdoodle dough and press it flat into the bottom of the 9×13 pan, pressing against the edges so that they rise just a bit around the sides of the pan. Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the dough. Spread both cans of apple pie filling over the dough, making sure it extends to all sides. Take the remaining cookie dough and crumble it with your fingers, placing small pieces covering the top of the apple pie filling. It won’t completely cover it, but it will be close. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.
- Cover cobbler with foil. (I sprayed the side that would be touching the cobbler with non-stick spray.) Bake at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve, topped with caramel sauce if desired. Or a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then caramel sauce. Mmmmm!
Watch a video demonstration below.
See the original recipe with more photos here: Butter With A Side of Bread
If you decide to make this recipe, tell us how it turned out and please share any tips you may have for making it even better.
Use the comment section below to share. We’d love to hear about your experience.
Follow us on Facebook for even more delicious food and recipe ideas: Recipe Guide
To See More Delicious Desserts, Please visit our DESSERT RECIPES