This is my absolute favorite way to prepare mashed potatoes because this recipe looks, smells, and tastes delicious! These Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes make a perfect side to any family meal! The rosemary and red skin potatoes give color and a beautiful appearance to the dish.
What I love about these potatoes is they come out super creamy and flavorful every time! I like to use whole milk and a full stick of butter, but if you’re counting calories feel free to use half a stick and skim milk.
I also think it’s important to use fresh garlic for this recipe because it gives an amazing flavor! This is a super simple way to make beautiful and tasty mashed potatoes so give it a try! This side dish will complement any meal you may be serving.
On the NEXT PAGE you can watch a video demonstration of these being made!
Red Skin Potatoes
- Slice potatoes and place them in a pot.
- Fill pot with water, salt, and a few stems of rosemary.
- Boil on high for 15 minutes, covered, until potatoes are soft.
- Drain, remove boiled rosemary, and mash!
- Remove stems from rosemary and mix in the leaves, saving some for garnish.
- Add minced garlic cloves, salt, pepper, splash of milk, and butter to taste.
*Milk adds moisture and creaminess
*For fewer calories, use skim milk and less butter
*Remember, start with small bits at a time, you can always add more!