Lasagna is a classic Italian dish but is typically prepared with ground beef and tomato sauce. This recipe calls for Italian sausage in addition to the beef and uses Napolitano sauce. This particular Three Cheese No Boil Lasagna is sure to impress everyone you serve it to.
With 2 layers of cheese and 4 layers of meat in every square inch of this entire dish, no one will be left hungry or disappointed. This Lasagna tastes like something you’d find in a restaurant in Italy. I personally prefer this type of Lasagna over the typical tomato sauce version because it’s got a distinct Italian flavor and I find it to be much more filling.
The Napolitano sauce can be store bought but I suggest making your own to keep the authenticity and fresh taste.
- 2 whole eggs
- 1kg – 2lbs ricotta cheese
- 250g – 8oz (2 balls) mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 5 tbs olive oil
- Half bunch of fresh basil
- 1 large carrot
- 10- 12 button mushrooms (250g – 8 oz)
- Salt and pepper
- 1kg – 2lb Italian sausage mix or sausages.
- 1kg – 2lb Minced beef
- 6 cups Napolitano sauce (you can buy from a store or see recipe and video here)
- 1 X 375g – 13oz box of no boil lasagna pasta sheets (noodles) for a 15″ x 10″ x 3″ lasagna pan.
Watch the Video Tutorial on the NEXT PAGE For Cooking Instructions: