Red Velvet Brownies?! Red velvet is my favorite types of cake but I had never seen anyone make red velvet brownies! This Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies Recipe takes the classic mix of red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting and turns it into a totally new experience!
This has to be one of my favorite desserts I have ever made. I have been looking for excuses to make these for practically every occasion. They are amazing all year round but can be used as a great Valentine’s Day dessert (especially if you cut them into hearts!)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
Pinch of salt
1 tsp red gel food coloring, or 1 T liquid
¾ cup flour
Cheesecake Layer Ingredients
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8” x 8” baking pan, then line with parchment
2. Mix together sugar, vanilla, cocoa, salt, and butter in a large bowl. Stir in food coloring. Whisk in eggs, mixing after each addition. Add in flour and stir.
4. Reserve 1/3-1/4 cup brownie batter, and pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
5. For cream cheese layer, cream together cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownie layer. Dollop red velvet batter on top, and use a butter knife to swirl. Once you’re happy with the design, bake for 30 min in preheated oven.
6. Let cool for 15-20 min in pan, then transfer to a cutting board. Cut into heart shapes or squares and serve.
You can see a video demonstration of these being made on Page (2) below …